Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Forgotten

My life is filled with loneliness and no one to talk to
I go through the motions and don't even care what I do
I feel invisible to the ones around me
They don't notice and they don't see

They ignore the pain I'm in day after day
Most of them just seem to wish I'd go away
There are no friends to laugh with or a lover to care
There are no concerned parties who even know that I'm there

It's hard to live life so empty and alone
I have a house to come to, but it's no longer a home
It's just a shell of what used to be
I dwell there, but the life I had is a memory

Sometimes I wonder if anyone would know I was gone
If I just disappeared, would it take very long?
I don't think anyone would search or think I was in danger
I'd just fade away and be forgotten like a stranger

This is my reality I live every day
I'm unseen, unloved, unwanted, cast away
Maybe one day I will just not appear
Then we'll see if anyone still holds me dear

I don't expect much, or anything at all
I know that I'm just a burden, a mess, they're waiting for me to fall
One day I will and then they'll be free
They won't have to deal with the likes of me....

No comments:

Post a Comment